enlightenbio LLC is looking for a part-time digital marketer/ communications intern with strong writing skills. We are offering this internship to recent graduates or undergraduate students. This is a great position for someone who has been trained or has an interest in science (specifically genomics, genetics, and precision medicine), is keen on monitoring worldwide healthcare trends, enjoys writing about science, and wants to manage outgoing social media channels.
The intern will learn a variety of marketing relevant skills such as how to manage our news site, how to write about exciting developments in genetics, genomics, and precision medicine, how to create and manage email campaigns, and how to use social media scheduling tools for digital marketing.
- Managing our news site
- Writing about exciting research and commercial developments in genetics, genomics, and precision medicine for our blog
- Learning how to create and manage email campaigns via Mailchimp
- Learning how to use of WordPress
- Managing enlightenbio’s social media channels (Twitter and LinkedIn) via Hootsuite
- Reporting back on the success of original content marketing and social media content
- Staying up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Learning about social media content best practices
- Selecting a capstone project to be determined by the intern’s interests
The ideal candidate for this internship:
- Is an enthusiastic self-starter
- Has strong work ethic
- Has excellent communications, writing, and editing skills – can write clear and compelling articles
- Is studying for or has completed a Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry, or in Public Relations, Communication, or Marketing and has a genuine interest in biotech, science, healthcare and health technologies and to communicate to the life sciences community
- Candidates entering their junior or senior undergraduates studies in the fall academic year are preferred
- Has a strong interest in preparing and telling a science/healthstory
- Has proficiency with Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google docs
- Is comfortable working alone with remote guidance
- Is able to proactively seek information to complete a project
- Has a strong interest in social media marketing
- Has a keen interest to learn, to be productive, and contribute to the success of the company
Internship Position and Timing
Location: remote as enlightenbio is a virtual company – we have contributing members in the San Francisco Bay Are, in Minnesota, Texas, and Switzerland. The Science Communication Intern reports to the Managing Director.
Timing: The internship time is flexible, and can be part-time or full time. The minimum expected weekly time commitment is ~12-16 hours – defined upfront. Start and end dates are flexible, but length of commitment should to a minimum of three months.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. Academic credit is available upon request.
No permanent position is available at the end of the internship, although candidates will be considered for available freelancing opportunities should they become available.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enlightenbio will only contact selected applicants. Please do not contact us otherwise.
- Include 1-3 writing samples or relevant class projects.
- Include personal Twitter and LinkedIn urls.
- Names of two references – if you are a finalist.